Now in our 30th year, the Northwest Minnesota Foundation has been working alongside of YOU to help sustain our rural communities. We want our twelve county area to be the place you love to live and work.
By acting on our mission and vision we are determined to make a difference -- for our businesses and the economy, for our nonprofits and their leaders, for children and families, for our natural resources, and for people who want to donate to charitable causes.
Since inception in 1986, we have received generous support from The McKnight Foundation, other foundations, and many individuals, organizations, and businesses. Our legacy of projects and activities have helped move the region closer to that vision. Working with you and for you, we accomplished the following:
· Business loan programs have made 626 loans for a total of more than $26.4 million
· Creation or retention of almost 2,700 jobs
· Made over 9,300 grants totaling $44.1 million
· Adult and youth leadership programs have provided training for nearly 4,000 leaders
· Specially designed non-profit management and training programs have addressed the special needs of 359 organizations and 45 communities
· Local Early Childhood Coalitions in 11 communities that help assure our littlest citizens have the best start possible
· $65.5 million total assets
· 360 component and community funds with assets totaling more than $27.3 million
· Grants from community funds totaled $430,750 region-wide; $449,641 was distributed from their 31 sub-funds (FY16)
· Convening IMPACT 20/20: a framework and vision for economic stability in the region
· New economic opportunities including the IDEA Competition.
Programs delivered by NMF are made possible because of the generosity of many people. You are also a part of this community making process, and we hope you can feel good about your contributions helping to build and sustain our region.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, I ask you to consider a gift to our Critical Issues Endowment. You may also designate your gift to support current NMF program areas, either Training and Education or Natural Assets.
Please join us in our Circle of Giving with a gift of $500 or more to the NMF endowment. The gift will be used to strengthen the programs we offer throughout the region. Or you may choose to make a gift to any of our component funds using the enclosed envelope. Secure, online donating is also available for your convenience at www.nwmf.org.
We can now accept gifts all year round from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) that will be tax deductible. Get in touch with the NMF staff if you’d like to learn more.
Thank you. With each gift, we take another step toward our vision of an even better future.
|Pete Haddeland, Chairman NMF Board |