Neen Lillquist

In honor of NMF's upcoming 30th anniversary and National Philanthropy Month, we want to celebrate the contributions of our donors! We will be highlighting a donor a day for the month of November.

Please be sure to check the blog often to read about the wonderful stories of giving back to the northwest region. 

If you are interested in making a difference through the services of our community foundation, our development officers would be happy to assist you. Please contact Caryl Turnow or Lisa Peterson at 218-759-2057 to learn more.


Neen Lillquist, Laporte


Neen Lillquist has followed NMF from the very beginning and she appreciates the work being done to promote local business, grants, scholarships and philanthropy. She has even helped her church to become acquainted with the Foundation - securing their dollars in an endowment to help its members in perpetuity. 

"I've always had an abundance, so I want to give. NMF has specifically helped me support my personal interests ... an addiction to space," said Neen. Her love of science, and the belief that space is where the future is, helped NMF staff to work with Neen and establish a scholarship fund that will meet her charitable goals.

Neen's Future in Space Scholarship Fund, supports students pursuing a career in astrophysics, aeronautical engineering or aerospace. She eagerly anticipates hearing from the students who will benefit from the scholarship!

"I could have given my money to NASA, but it's important for me to see my dollars at work locally. This is a permanent solution for me to leave a legacy."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frank and Marg Marvin

NMF Working to Address the Region's Child Care Needs

Peacemaker Resources Paves the Way for Lifelong Learning in the Classroom